Sunday, September 5, 2010

ON THE ROAD AGAIN











Took big black in for service on Friday--ashamed to say I had delayed that project. My service center is so out of the way for me, on complete opposite side of Springfield from path to shop. I put a lot of miles on my car, but we bought a hybrid this time around and it runs like a dream and saves gas. I needed to run to Lebanon,Mo. yesterday and was worried about oil change' Anyway, got car serviced, had lunch on historic C Street with husband and grandaughter. The food network was filming opening of new restaurant so I took photos of crew working. Our family business is in the neighborhood and it is fun to watch the transformation of the building. The street has wonderful old structures, many of which have been rehabilitated in last few years. It is historical area, so they are pretty true to period of origin. Took off early Sat. for Lebanon and Tattered Treasures, and did I ever find some cool things. My favorite is a Drs. pharmaceutical case. Looks like a gnarly old suitcase ,but inside has great compartments. Our sister Jean went with me and bought a great green cupboard. Had car loaded, so headed to Ozark to unload cupboard, and back home to clean car out and start working on my "stuff". Open house is just around the corner and I have been procrastinating--imagine that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Judy! Can't wait to get to your open house! I told Jan it's the highlight of fall around here (except for the trees in the cemetery on Grand). I'll link you up with my blog right now... been meaning to do that!
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy~ The shop looked GORGEOUS tonight! You all always do such a wonderful job decorating! We had so much fun!! ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete